Office of the University Architect
271 East River Road P.O. Box 270347 Rochester, New York 14627
Jose Fernandez, Executive Director
Campus Planning, Design & Construction Management
The Office of the University Architect is a division of University Facilities and Services.
The primary functions of this office are as follows:
- Update and maintain various master planning efforts for all
campuses by leading specific strategic planning initiatives.
This will include integrating programmatic requirements, exterior
architecture, landscaping, utility planning, roadways, parking,
security, information technology, and building condition into
a comprehensive plan.
- Develop and maintain an Integrated Facility Assessment for
all University property. These documents will provide a holistic
view of the total need of our physical plant, that is inclusive
of issues such as ADA, Asbestos, Component Renewal, Deferred
Maintenance, Code Compliance, Fire Protection, HazMat, Program,
- Develop and maintain aesthetic guidelines for exterior and
interior architectural treatment. Responsible for standards
and the development of all exterior signage.
- Develop and maintain space standards, evaluate existing space
and recommend adaptive reuse of space.
- Work with the other Facilities Directors to project and manage
immediate and long range capital budgets that will assure consistency
with the strategic plans.
- Work with departments to identify program needs and their
associated space requirements.
- Work closely with Monroe County, City of Rochester, and Town
of Brighton officials on planning, development and zoning issues.
- Management and maintenance of the space inventory and records
- Provide the necessary support for the Indirect Cost Recovery
- Provide support for retrieving archival documents related
to the physical plant of the University.
Office of the University Architect Staff
• Jennifer Manning, Senior Information Analyst
• Kevin Kehoe, CAD Operator
Generic Environmental Impact Statement (large file size: 222MB)